It’s time to talk about the top 5 pests that might be creeping around your home this May. Let’s get down to business and make sure your home is pest-free, so you can focus on enjoying the spring weather.
- Mosquitoes: These little bloodsuckers can ruin a beautiful day in the great outdoors. Not only are they annoying, but they can also transmit dangerous diseases like West Nile virus and Zika virus. Make sure to eliminate any standing water in your yard and use mosquito repellent when spending time outside.
- Termites: These little buggers might be small, but they can cause significant damage to your home’s foundation. Keep an eye out for mud tubes or hollow-sounding wood, as these are signs of a termite infestation. If you suspect that you have termites, it’s important to call a professional pest control service immediately.
- Spiders: These eight-legged critters can be found in and around our homes, especially in dark and damp areas. While most spider bites are harmless, some species can be dangerous. Keep them at bay by keeping your home clean and dry and sealing up any cracks or gaps where pests might enter.
- Carpenter ants: These big ants love to chew through wood, and they can cause significant structural damage to your home if left unchecked. Look for sawdust-like debris near wooden structures, as this can be a sign of carpenter ant activity. If you spot any of these signs, call a professional pest control service.
- Silverfish: These tiny, silver-colored bugs love to feast on paper and fabric, so they can often be found in bookshelves and closets. While they’re not harmful to humans, they can cause damage to our belongings. Keep them away by keeping your home clean and dry and storing items in airtight containers.
Don’t let these pests get the best of you this spring. Take preventative measures like eliminating standing water, sealing up cracks and gaps, and keeping your home clean and dry. And if you do find yourself facing a pest infestation, don’t hesitate to call SUPER Pest Services, who can help take care of these critters.
Remember, a pest-free home is a happy home. So let’s kick those creepy crawlies to the curb and enjoy the beautiful spring weather in peace.